Wednesday, June 20, 2012

poor little piggy

So, I broke this little piggy (the long one next to my big toe with the two black lines on it) this past Sunday morning. My very first thought after expletives: can I run on it? I consulted a recent med school grad friend (actually in radiology, but whatevs) and he said as long as I taped it good and paid attention to it ("If it's colder than your other toes after a run, go directly to the emergency room.") it should be ok.
3 days and 3 3-4 mile runs later, it has not fallen off and I haven't even needed any ibuprofen. Now, this is the 3rd time I have broken a toe, so I am a bit desensitized. But, I have to admit, taping my toes together before a run makes me feel like an athlete in an overly dramatic 80s movie with a montage. Sweet.

2 comments: