Friday, November 4, 2011

count down chow down

Well, I just finished my last pre-marathon run - an easy but muddy 3 miles in the neighborhood. It felt pretty good and, not even trying, I maintained just over a 9 min mile (fast, for me). Nothing left to do now but but go over the race day plan a few times ......and eat! I have managed to remain pretty faithful to the caveman thing (see previous post) for the past two weeks - until these last couple days, that is. I have to say, the first week was hard, but this week I have noticed my metabolism leveling out and I'm feeling pretty smug for so easily going cold turkey on dairy.

But, since the conventional running wisdom is that I need to intake 70% carbs the last three days before the race, I have commenced to cheating with grains and some of the rest of the no-nos... big time. Yesterday, I indulged in a bagel and a couple of bean burritos. Today, I've been trying to be good and just load up on 'taters. But, tomorrow, pasta is definitely in the plan. What can I say - it's tradition, or superstition, or me just still feeling like a novice and being worried about NOT following the "rules".

So, Monday I'll get back to the paleo program, but all bets are off til then. Let me just get this second 26.2 under my belt and then.... well, let me just focus on running the race and worry about the rest later.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment